Saturday, July 23, 2011

Beyond Just Records

I Love Genealogy and all that goes along with being a genealogist.  I also am very enthusiastic about our cemetery project.  I have run into many genealogist that just want the bare minimum in there research.  Paper and Facts; maybe a few pictures;  wow history minimalist.  To say the least I was taken aback, why would I want to research someone and not really get to know who that person was.  I think people like the one I mention are sad, why bother even researching a family line if all you want is a few documents and maybe a photo or two.  Genealogy should be the fleshing out of our ancestors, not just the names and dates,  it is that dash on the tombstone between the birth and death date that I want to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment