Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busy Morning

Had a nice morning meeting up with Pat Buedel one of Boone County Master Gardeners that will be helping with the landscaping for phase one of our project.  Ray got to stay home and put his pages back into his genealogy book for fair.  I hope I did not overwhelm her with my cemetery tour, I know way more about Howard Cemetery, than most people would like to hear.  She was very gracious and listened to me prattle on as we toured the cemetery.  We discussed the need to keep the plantings native to Indiana, and what we want to achieve in this first planting phase. 
I have to give the birds of Boone County a good talking too, as they are mucking up the stones.  So if any one in Boone County sees a crazy lady talking to birds in a cemetery, stop by and say Hi.  We need a good hard rain to get rid of their mess. 
Bill Coan of the Howard School Project stopped by with the deed for the cemetery and the deed to the purchase by John A. Everett of the Howard School Property.  Both are greatly appreciated, and will add to the documentation for the cemetery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment